After almost one year and half of researches and active developments, the numeric team is happy to announce the imminent release of ESonix V3!
Among miscellaneous new functionalities, we are proud to highlight:
ESonix Simulations capabilities
- Batch capacities to run parametrized decompression analysis.
- Tweaks parameters for a fine grain control of your aicraft rapid decompression model.
- Adaptive calculations (automatic time step and sampling)
- New job queue for enhanced robustness and a better user feedback
- Translating panels now features stiffness
- Better and faster log files handling
Timeoutadded as a convergence criteria (cf timeout as convergence criteria.)
- Negative pressure coefficient allowed. This may be use full for antenna radome decompression analysis.
- Decompression item closing once already open is now logged as an event.
Many (small) changes in the graphical interface were also added.
New physics models
We also enriched our physics model to extend ESonix analysis capabilities:
- New forced constant mass flow connection (simulating a pump): mdot parameter.
- A connection can now have a dynamical discharge coefficient set independently from the thermodynamical engine cddyn parameter.
- Volumes can now take into account the heat mixing from upstream volumes thanks to the heatmix parameter.
Most of the additions in the physics capabilities enhance correlation with Boeing decompression models.
- User manual updated, especially a new section covering the run-time parameters for both regular and batch runs
- Two new tutorials released introducing batches (tuto5) and tweaks (tuto6).
- Curves and layouts can now be bookmarked.
- Forward and backward steps in the Aircraft Layout
- Model Validator is enhanced and catch more errors and warnings.
From security point of view, HTTPS is now fully available (will be forced starting from rev.4.0)
The release of V3 (actually V3.1) for beta testing is planned beginning of August 2018. The official release is planned beginning of September, depending on feedbacks we will get from beta version and hardware upgrade progress.
Due to the growing demand in terms of calculations and post-processing, we decided to upgrade our hardware to celebrate the new V3. This work is planned for August and September and ESonix V3 trainings will hopefully be performed on the new server.